Star Sign up now to gain access to all the features of this website. NEW — access is now open to ALL USERS! — Already registered? Please log in.

Where can i find the spreadsheet computational tool

Michael Packard
SSFM International
Where can i find the spreadsheet computational tool was posted on January 9th, 2012 at 9:48 PM EST
regarding Chapter 18: Signalized Intersections

Only source code is provided in PDF and the figures of example calculation shown in page 18-86 do give an evidence of the existence of the HCM 2010 intersection LOS and delay spreadsheet tool. However, I can not find it on this website and online. Any hints? Thank you!

Ocky Soelistyo Pribadi
Directorate General of Land Transportation
RE: Where can i find the spreadsheet computational tool was posted on October 31st, 2012 at 9:14 PM EDT

I look for it too n I don't find it so far. I think for computational tool we must buy a specific software that implemented the HCM2010 analysis

Paul Ryus
Kittelson & Associates, Inc.
RE: Where can i find the spreadsheet computational tool was posted on November 5th, 2012 at 8:51 AM EST

Here's what the HCM has to say about spreadsheet computational engines (Page 1-5): "The TRB Committee on Highway Capacity and Quality of Service maintains computational engines for most HCM methodologies for the purposes of evaluating methodologies as they are developed, developing new example problems, identifying needed improvements, and judging the impact of proposed changes. These engines are tools for developing and documenting HCM methodologies and do not have or need the sophisticated interfaces and input data manipulation techniques that would make them suitable for use in an engineering or planning office. The engines are not generally publicly distributed but are made available on request to researchers, practitioners, software developers, students, and others who are interested in understanding the inner workings of a particular HCM methodology." Each HCM chapter has a subcommittee of the TRB Committee on Highway Capacity and Quality of Service associated with it. If you'd like access to an engine, I'd suggest going to the committee's website (http://sites.kittelson.com/hcqs) and contacting the appropriate subcommittee's chair or secretary, explaining why you want access to a particular engine. Note that the engines are "research-grade" spreadsheets used for testing HCM methods and aren't intended for everyday use (i.e., no user support, no documentation, no error checking), unlike commercial software.

Gustavo Riente de Andrade
TECTRAN - T├ęcnicos em Transportes ltda
RE: Where can i find the spreadsheet computational tool was posted on November 13th, 2012 at 8:16 AM EST

For now, I only know the method implemented in the latest version of HCS 2010, at the Streets section.

Sign in to add a reply. Don't have an account? No problem, sign up for free.