Star Sign up now to gain access to all the features of this website. NEW — access is now open to ALL USERS! — Already registered? Please log in.

BUS CAPACITY

Anshuman Sharma
IIT Roorkee
BUS CAPACITY was posted on June 21st, 2014 at 2:52 AM EDT
regarding Chapter 4: Traffic Flow and Capacity Concepts

Why HCM 2010 do not give any equation regarding calculation of bus facility capacity? Is it so because TCQSM is there.

Paul Ryus
Kittelson & Associates, Inc.
RE: BUS CAPACITY was posted on June 23rd, 2014 at 6:57 AM EDT

It's because the TCQSM provides the most up-to-date information regarding transit capacity. The HCM2000's bus capacity material was an abridged version of TCQSM 1st Edition material. Since that time, the two documents have been updated on different schedules and a decision was made for HCM 2010 to simply refer to the TCQSM, rather than present information that could quickly become updated.

Anshuman Sharma
IIT Roorkee
RE: BUS CAPACITY was posted on June 26th, 2014 at 9:15 PM EDT

Thank you sir. I am a Master student and my thesis topic is "Capacity Analysis of BRTS using Micro Simulation", for the same i was referring HCM 2010. I have TCQSM manual third edition also. Thank you for clarifying my doubt.

Anshuman Sharma
IIT Roorkee
RE: BUS CAPACITY was posted on July 14th, 2014 at 2:58 AM EDT

In TCQSM 2013, factors affecting Pmax i.e allowed passenger loading on a bus is not given. But in Book by Vukan R. Vuchic " URBAN PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION" it is available. We have this book in library but edition of 1981. Sir, If it is possible to get a digital version of Chapter 4 of latest edition 2007, so that if any changes are there that I can recheck. Vukan R. Vuchic " URBAN PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION" 2007 edition , Chapter 4 Transit System Performance: Capacity, Productivity, Efficiency, and Utilization.

Sign in to add a reply. Don't have an account? No problem, sign up for free.