Star Sign up now to gain access to all the features of this website. NEW — access is now open to ALL USERS! — Already registered? Please log in.

Specific grades

Gustavo Riente de Andrade
TECTRAN - T├ęcnicos em Transportes ltda
Specific grades was posted on February 24th, 2013 at 10:02 PM EST
regarding Chapter 10: Freeway Facilities

In HCS 2010, version 2.41, it seems that it is not possible to insert grades for Basic Freeway Segments at the Freeway Facilities analysis (the options available are "Level", "Rolling" and "Mountanious"). Considering that grade analysis was available at HCS+, is there a specific reason for its absence in HCS 2010? Grade option would be most useful for this particular method since the nature of facilities usually demands that shorter sections are considered, which sometimes comprise a single grade.

Scott Washburn
University of Florida
RE: Specific grades was posted on March 4th, 2013 at 2:07 PM EST

Normally, you should direct HCS questions to McTrans, but given that I am the developer of the Freeway Facilities program included with HCS, I can tell you that allowing the input of specific grade information is on the 'to-do' list, but unfortunately cannot provide you with a timeline on the inclusion of this feature.

Gustavo Riente de Andrade
TECTRAN - T├ęcnicos em Transportes ltda
RE: Specific grades was posted on March 7th, 2013 at 4:20 PM EST

Thank you for your answer prof. Washburn. I'll make sure to address properly future questions, and am looking forward to the upgrade.

Sign in to add a reply. Don't have an account? No problem, sign up for free.