Star Sign up now to gain access to all the features of this website. NEW — access is now open to ALL USERS! — Already registered? Please log in.

Exhibit 16-14

Dawn Krahn
WisDOT
Exhibit 16-14 was posted on May 14th, 2013 at 11:42 AM EDT
regarding Chapter 16: Urban Street Facilities

I am interested in knowing how the Generalized Daily Service Volumes in Exhibit 16-14 were calculated. I would like to develop a similar table with some adjustments to the input values, such as the signal characteristics and densities.

Gustavo Riente de Andrade
TECTRAN - T├ęcnicos em Transportes ltda
RE: Exhibit 16-14 was posted on May 19th, 2013 at 8:28 PM EDT

I don't know how those tables were calculated, but a general approach for determining service volumes (which I use for highway uninterrupted segments) is to program an iterative code which tests several volume inputs until the threshold between two level of services is found.

Dawn Krahn
WisDOT
RE: Exhibit 16-14 was posted on May 20th, 2013 at 5:41 PM EDT

Thank you for your response. I was able to calculate the values in Exhibit 16-14 using the method found in Chapter 30, and an iterative process to get the appropriate volumes that meet the % of FFS for each LOS threshold. This method worked for the two-lane streets. However, the values I calculated for the four-lane and six-lane streets are slightly different. I'm wondering if the input assumptions change slightly for those cases.

Sign in to add a reply. Don't have an account? No problem, sign up for free.