Star Sign up now to gain access to all the features of this website. NEW — access is now open to ALL USERS! — Already registered? Please log in.

FREEVAL-RL AND SCENARIO GENERATOR

Margarita Martínez Díaz
Civil Engineering School
FREEVAL-RL AND SCENARIO GENERATOR was posted on October 22nd, 2013 at 6:58 AM EDT

I am very interested in travel time reliability. Although I am still starting to learn about this topics, I would like to know if it is possible to get the computational engines FREEVAL-RL and the SCENARIO GENERATOR. I didn´t find them in the technical library. (I have already downloaded FREEVAL). Thanks in advance.

Paul Ryus
Kittelson & Associates, Inc.
RE: FREEVAL-RL AND SCENARIO GENERATOR was posted on October 22nd, 2013 at 7:09 AM EDT

The freeway scenario generator is incorporated into FREEVAL-RL. The computational engine can be downloaded from the SHRP 2 page on Proposed Chapters for Incorporating Travel Time Reliability into the Highway Capacity Manual. The engine's documentation can be found in Appendix A of the prepublication version of the SHRP 2 Project L08 final report.

Note that this material is proposed for incorporation into the HCM, but that the TRB Committee on Highway Capacity and Quality of Service has not yet voted on whether or how to incorporate the material into the HCM.

Margarita Martínez Díaz
Civil Engineering School
RE: FREEVAL-RL AND SCENARIO GENERATOR was posted on October 23rd, 2013 at 4:15 AM EDT

Thank you very much for your help and advise. I´ll stay alert to know if the Committee approve the methodology or not, but anyway I will be able to learn a lot with the documentation.

Sign in to add a reply. Don't have an account? No problem, sign up for free.