Star Sign up now to gain access to all the features of this website. NEW — access is now open to ALL USERS! — Already registered? Please log in.

How do I prepare the input for a semi-actuated sigal

Mitsuru Saito
Brigham Young University
How do I prepare the input for a semi-actuated sigal was posted on November 15th, 2013 at 12:22 PM EST
regarding Chapter 18: Signalized Intersections

In the input section, we have a cell for detector length. For a semi-actuated signal, there is no detector on main street approach. How can I represent this situation? We cannot enter 0 in that input cell. The Traf-vu shows detectors on all approaches because of this. Does Max Recall solve this problem, that is, the detectors on the main street approach can be seen in Trafvu, but calculations ignore the detector effect?

Sarah
RE: How do I prepare the input for a semi-actuated sigal was posted on February 21st, 2014 at 11:26 AM EST

Did you ever find away around this? I am having the same problem. Thanks

David Hale
University of Florida
RE: How do I prepare the input for a semi-actuated sigal was posted on March 12th, 2014 at 12:52 PM EDT

In HCS, there's a checkbox for "Uncoordinated Signal". When turned off, semi-actuated control is assumed.

Sarah
RE: How do I prepare the input for a semi-actuated sigal was posted on March 12th, 2014 at 2:38 PM EDT

Thanks for the reply but I was referring to working in Synchro 8 and trying to get a HCM 2010 signalized intersection summary report.

David Hale
University of Florida
RE: How do I prepare the input for a semi-actuated sigal was posted on March 12th, 2014 at 9:49 PM EDT

The HCM 2010 procedures for coordinated and uncoordinated signals are substantially different. If the developers only implemented Chapter 18 logic, without also implementing Chapter 17 logic, you might not be able to obtain proper modeling of a semi-actuated signal. For HCS 2010 it took five years to implement the combined set of procedures for Chapters 17, 18, and 22.

Sign in to add a reply. Don't have an account? No problem, sign up for free.