Star Sign up now to gain access to all the features of this website. NEW — access is now open to ALL USERS! — Already registered? Please log in.

Ramp segments overlapping weaving segments

Alexandre Hering Coelho
Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina
Ramp segments overlapping weaving segments was posted on December 8th, 2017 at 10:24 AM EST
regarding Chapter 13: Freeway Merge and Diverge Segments

Hello! Using the freeway approach, we first segment the highway in waving segments, ramps and than the rest are basic segments. Often I have overlapping waving and ramp segments. On the page 12-23 of HCM 2010 I can find an explanation of what to do when two weaving segments are overlapping. On page 13-27 I find the explanation about when ramp segments are overlapping. But I could not find an explicit explanation about when a weaving segment is overlapping with a ramp segment. How do I set the LOS for the overlapping area? Should I assign the worst one? Thank you in advance!

Scott Washburn
University of Florida
RE: Ramp segments overlapping weaving segments was posted on December 8th, 2017 at 12:55 PM EST

Alexandre: Do you have a diagram you can provide, or GPS coordinates to the field site in question?

Sign in to add a reply. Don't have an account? No problem, sign up for free.