Star Sign up now to gain access to all the features of this website. NEW — access is now open to ALL USERS! — Already registered? Please log in.

Problems Downloading Technical References

Kelly Turner
Olsson Associates
Problems Downloading Technical References was posted on August 8th, 2012 at 11:01 AM EDT
regarding Chapter 6: Analysis Tools

Is anybody else having issues downloading from the technical reference library? I have attempted to download and/or save multiple references and the download will start, but it never completes. Any ideas? Is the problem on my end?

Thanks!

Paul Ryus
Kittelson & Associates, Inc.
RE: Problems Downloading Technical References was posted on August 8th, 2012 at 11:09 AM EDT

I just tried downloading 3 documents at random from two different computer networks and they all downloaded fine. Is there a specific document you're trying to download?

Kelly Turner
Olsson Associates
RE: Problems Downloading Technical References was posted on August 8th, 2012 at 11:18 AM EDT

These two: -NCHRP Report 599: Default Values for Highway Capacity and Level of Service Analysis 6 MB
-Signalized Intersections: Informational Guide 10.8 MB

Also, I can't locate the find the reference "B-1" found on page 6-34. Any ideas?

Kelly Turner
Olsson Associates
RE: Problems Downloading Technical References was posted on August 8th, 2012 at 11:38 AM EDT

The download issue is specific to my computer. Thanks for the help there.

But, I still cannot locate reference B-1.

Paul Ryus
Kittelson & Associates, Inc.
RE: Problems Downloading Technical References was posted on August 15th, 2012 at 4:18 AM EDT

At the time the printed HCM was being finalized, the intent was that all articles from the Transportation Research Record series that are referenced in the HCM would be made available through the Technical Reference Library in Volume 4. However, TRB has not yet made them available for posting, so reference B-1 in Chapter 6 is not currently available, despite what the margin note says. In the meantime, you should be able to find a copy of TRR 1194 in a university library or order it through TRB. The TRB Publications website provides links for both.

Sign in to add a reply. Don't have an account? No problem, sign up for free.