This is Volume 4 for the HCM 2010. To access Volume 4 for the HCM 6th Edition, first published in 2016, please visit hcmvolume4.org.
HCM Volume 4 is now available to ALL USERS!
Volume 4 of the Highway Capacity Manual has been revamped to allow ALL users to have access to this important resource.
What is Highway Capacity Manual Volume 4?
The HCM was divided into multiple volumes as part of the 2010 Manual production. Volumes 1-3 are part of the printed Manual. Volume 4 is an online resource that provides a wealth of information never before provided to HCM users. Resources include:
- Supplemental chapters that provide extensive methodological details for several HCM chapters in Volume 1-3.
- Interpretations and errata to HCM methods and chapters.
- A technical reference library that includes a significant amount of the original research which the HCM is based on.
- The HCM Applications Guide, which is an important resource that provides case study applications of several HCM methods.
- A discussion forum that allows users to come together to ask questions and collaborate on HCM related matters.
- Notifications of changes to the HCM, active discussions, and more via an optional email notification feature.
Who Can Access HCM Volume 4?
HCM Volume 4 is now available to ALL users! No HCM purchase is necessary. Sign up now to take advantage of these resources and join the discussion!
General questions, applications, and questions regarding the HCM2010
RE: Freeway Weaving - LOS F in HCM but works in VISSIM
by RAUL CURASMA
Questions & Clarifications
Having trouble with something in the HCM2010? Need further information to clarify a position? Conversations here will help create the ongoing errata for the manual found in the Interpretations page on this website.
Climbing lane on a freeway section procedure?
Run into problems with the website? Have a suggestion? Let us know here!
RE: Chapter 27 & 28 Available?
by Manuel Tamayo
That page is only available to registered users of the HCM2010.
Registration is free! Please create an account or log in to access Methodological Details, Interpretations & Errata, the Technical Reference Library, and the Applications Guide.